Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

- Ideas!

Post by Christ is My Life! on Wed May 23, 2007 4:00 pm

I am a firm beleiver that we can be missionsries right outside our doorsteps. I encourage ideas...if you have any...please share!!!!
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

- Re: Ideas!

Post by Christ is My Life! on Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:35 pm

Ok. I will start off! I constantly tell everyone I know to please try and do this....even if it is only once in your lifetime.

Find someone. The Lord will lead you. Find one whom is either alone, depressed, jobless, really hurting....get to know them, and find out their needs.

We now live in a world where the comfortable (On the outside may appear, but really are not...) are now becoming a minority. People are homeless, almost on the streets or working their lives to the bones to make ends meet to pay bills and feed their families.

Find someone who is so desperately hurting and get to know them. Learn what they need. Is it food? A job? A home with cheaper rent? Money to keep the electricity and water on? Find out.

Now...gather your resources from friends and family. Gather foods. Do they need meat? BUY THEM MEAT! Do they need milk for their baby? BUY THEM MILK FOR THE BABY~ The list is endless. Do it discreetly, and lovingly. There are those who will take kindness and abuse it, so be wise.

Is there an elderly man or woman on your street whom is widowed? Do you ever see family there? Do they have family? Find out...visit them once a week. Being alone is one of the worst feelings in the world. Company with laughter and conversation does wonders for our elderly. Plus they have so much wisdom to share. You can learn a lot!

Do you have time? Offer to baby sit a single mother's child (IF YOU CAN) so she can work a few more hours. FOR FREE! Again, be wise, as some will try to take advantage, and beg for more hours. Be firm, IF you feel you can take this on. This is a life saver for many single moms!

AND IF YOU CAN! Because the money we make was never ours to begin with, secretly give money for bills/food or even a rent if you can afford to. Put aside money every week in a "Secret Angel" Fund to use to help those who feel they are on the edge of disaster....the rate of suicide attempts is very high right now...the spirit of heaviness is upon millions, lets pray for that spirit to leave these people and revive them with a wonderful gift.

These are a few ideas. All which, I have personally done. I will only suggest what has worked in peoples lives and aided them mentally, spiritually and often materially.

IF you give things you own away to someone who needs it, make sure it is in perfect condition. People can take offense and feel like you are giving them their trash. Also give them what THEY NEED. Not what you think they need. I remember how I felt at all the "Stuff" my Mother in law gave us when we needed meat, milk, cheese, not her old curtains, or trinkets, while we were starving, pale and black under the eyes from lack of iron.

We survived by the Grace of God and 2 people he sent my way. And since then, it is my mission to spread the word in helping others the way THEY need to be helped. It only takes ONE to make a difference, and TWO to begin a small orginazation built on faith and helping.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:Matthew 25:35
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post by everlastinglife on Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 am

We survived by the Grace of God and 2 people he sent my way. And since then, it is my mission to spread the word in helping others the way THEY need to be helped. It only takes ONE to make a difference, and TWO to begin a small orginazation built on faith and helping.

Love it!

everlastinglife

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by William on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:14 pm

I really appreciate your nice thoughts...

William

http://www.blogestates.com/blog/jacob

William

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top