Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. - 1 John

Go down

- Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. - 1 John

Post by Christ is My Life! on Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. - 1 John 5:21

Well, kids.....I have been fed a lot on this from our Lord recently.

While deep in thought God put it full force into me these thoughts.

Between TV, Music, movie stars, Barbies, etc. TOYS! Video games...POSTERS etc.... we are placing Idols before our Lord.

Now, we all do this. Or have done it, and it is a rare human being that does not have their favorite rock group posted on their wall, or super model, or actor/actress. Who is on your desk top for wall paper? Here is a thought.

In the past few years there have been some intense reality shows. One newer music show that has made it big is "Super Idol" it is all over the world. We have it here in Greece, I know you have it in the states...it is in Germany, and many other countries. When I first heard the title...I thought, oh no...the devil is at work again...this time blatantly telling the world what we will be and are doing. (Focusing on who will win, who is more handsome, beautiful, better voice...meanwhile being rather cruel to the contestants) Falling, yet again for another of his tricks and schemes.

Idols come in all forms. Many religious and spiritual, many people....think of a super model. Does he or she not have their pictures plastered all over the world? T-Shirts are a great way to advertise the idol you worship at the moment. And many kids will openly say, "I worship the ground they walk on." On the streets, in magazines, on TV, and even in their own houses. p Many are placing themselves above Christ, feeling on top of the world because the "WORLD LOVES THEM!"

We don't even realize it half the time when we spend more time talking about them, than our Lord. Anything that takes our focus off of Him and on possession, material,etc. can be considered an idol. Why do you think they term famous people idols?

Once this is realized, you can step back a bit. It is ok to enjoy these things, but not obsess about them.

(I remember me with Michael Jackson and Duran Duran....OH MY GOODNESS! I dressed like them, even wore one sequen glove, did my hair, everything....so did so many....and then Madonna came along....oh boy....we girls had such a field day! )

These are little examples. There are so many more.

I hope this is an eye opener and that you will be aware!

God bless you, my young Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
We are living in the battle field! Keep your armor snug upon you! warrior
Christ is My Life!
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 895
Humor : yup, I have some!
Registration date : 2007-05-18

View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

- Re: Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen. - 1 John

Post by Glory to God on Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:09 am

I as well went through the Madonna stage, and today the world is full of things that attract kids. From music, books, celeberties.

Romans 1:22-23, "Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead. And then, instead of worshipping the glorious, ever-living God, they took wood and stone and made idols for themselves, carving them to look like mere birds and animals and snakes and puny men."

Exodus 20:3-4,"You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing love to thousands who love Me and keep My commandments."

Blessings,
Debbie
Glory to God
Biblical teacher
Biblical teacher

Female Number of posts : 109
Humor : Everyone should have some :)
Registration date : 2007-05-23

View user profile http://dailycrossesforums.com

Back to top Go down